Spirulina Noodle Buddha Bowl
Handful of spirulina noodles
2 potatoes, diced
4-5 slices of kabocha squash/kent pumpkin
1/3 yellow pepper/capsicum, sliced
1/2 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
Handful of small mushrooms, halved
3 leaves of kale, stems removed and chopped roughly
1/3 cup black beans (cooked)
A couple of shakes of cumin, garlic powder, onion powder and salt
1/4 cup veggie stock/broth (salt reduced)
1 tsp mixed herbs
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp olive oil (optional)
1 tbsp tahini
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
2-3 tbsp hot water, to thin
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
2. Place the sliced pumpkin/squash and diced potatoes onto a lined baking tray, and drizzle with olive oil (if you want oil, omit if you do not) and salt and mixed herbs. Remove the pumpkin/squash from the tray, onto a plate and bake the potatoes in the oven for about 20 minutes. Add the pumkin/squash back onto the tray and bake for an additional 20 minutes, and throwing in the mushrooms for 5-10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cooked the noodles to packet instructions, and add the black beans to a small pot with the cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and veggie stock/broth, and bring to a boil on med-high heat.
4. Once the veggies are cooked, remove them from the oven.
5. Make your tahini sauce, by adding all ingredients into a small bowl and stirring to combine.
6. In a large bowl, add all your ingredients, and drizzle with sauce.