Veggie Lentil Bolognese
1 cup diced pumpkin (squash)
2 carrots, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 cup diced mushrooms
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 can lentils, drained and rinsed
1 large jar passata
1 can crushed tomatoes (no salt added)
1 Tbsp coconut sugar
2 tsp dried oregano
handful fresh basil, chopped
1 avocado, mashed
1 packet GF spaghetti
1. Sautee onion and garlic in water, until translucent
2. Add pumpkin, celery and carrots and cook for a further few minutes, stirring ocassionally. Add water as needed, so they don't stick.
3. Add mushrooms and stir, allowing the mushrooms to release their juices, and add the oregano.
4. Pour in the jar of passata, can of tomatoes and lentils. Bring to a boil, covered, and then turn heat down to a simmer, and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. While bolognese is simmering, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water
6. Stir bolognese, and add chopped basil.
7. Once pasta is cooked, drain, and return to pot, and add the sauce. Stir to coat all the pasta, and serve with fresh basil and a dollop of mashed avo.